1. A completed Graduate School Application, which can be obtained by clicking HERE. Make sure that you have specified that you are seeking a Masters in Education in Special Education with a concentration in Visual Impairment or Orientation and Mobility.
2. Official transcripts from EVERYWHERE you have ever attended college.
3. An overall GPA of at least 2.5 with a GPA of 2.8 for the last 60 hours of your bachelor degree.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. A typed, double-spaced written statement describing the student's experience in the field of special education and/or visual impairment and the student's philosophy of educating students with special needs.
A DEGREE PLAN
The following steps should be taken in order as you prepare to begin your degree:
1. Contact Michael Munro for vision or Tracy Hallak for Orientation and Mobility to discuss the program and requirements.
2. Complete all of the Admission Requirements.
3. With advisor, fill out a Degree Plan.
4. Begin taking classes.
If you have questions, or need more information about the MEd, please contact:
Stephen F. Austin State University
Department of Human Services
Box 13019 -- SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962