1. A completed Graduate School Application, which can be obtained by clicking HERE. Make sure that you have specified that you are seeking a Masters in Education in Special Education with a concentration in Visual Impairment or Orientation and Mobility.
2. Official transcripts from EVERYWHERE you have ever attended college.
3. An overall GPA of at least 2.5 with a GPA of 2.8 for the last 60 hours of your bachelor degree.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. A typed, double-spaced written statement describing the student's experience in the field of special education and/or visual impairment and the student's philosophy of educating students with special needs.
A DEGREE PLAN
The following steps should be taken in order as you prepare to begin your degree:
1. Contact Frankie Swift or Michael Munro for vision or Barry Stafford or Tracy Hallak for Orientation and Mobility to discuss the program and requirements.
2. Complete all of the Admission Requirements.
3. With advisor, fill out a Degree Plan.
4. Begin taking classes.
If you have questions, or need more information about the MEd, please contact: