Faculty Development Program
The ORSP Faculty Development Program (FDP) is designed to inform, train and support new (and not-so-new) faculty as they pursue finding for research, scholarly and creative activities. The FDP includes a series of workshops, seminars, informal meetings, and outreach activities all designed to position faculty to be successful in the grant world.
- COS Pivot - Watch for announcements that this customized, grant-finding resource has gone live.
- The ORSP Blog - The ORSP Blog contains timely external funding solicitations, changes to external and internal policies and procedures, and the latest sponsor news. We invite you to visit and subscribe.
- One-on-One Meetings with Faculty - ORSP staff meet with new faculty (and not-so-new faculty who want extra attention) to discuss the services we provide to assist in the quest for tenure, promotion, and professional recognition through grantsmanship.
- Grants & Contracts Procedures Manual - This online document includes everything you need to know to prepare and manage a successful grant. Each section can be accessed through the ORSP web pages or you can navigate directly through the index.
- ORSP (E)Mailing List - Weekly e-mails provide interested parties with information on forms, procedures, funding notices, and other updates. We invite you to subscribe!
- Double Shot Wednesdays - Join ORSP for coffee and take us up on a "get out of jail free" card. We meet the first Wednesday of each month in LAN 421 from 2-3 pm to discuss grant topics important to you. Bring your questions, suggestions and ideas.
- New Award Orientation - PIs, PDs, and support staff are provided with an overview of the award and notified of relevant sponsor and SFA rules, regulations, and procedures to assist with effective project management.
- Workshops - Join ORSP staff for our workshop series. Topics include how to locate funding sources, proposal basics, budget development, electronic submissions, post-award compliance, and much more.
- Bring ORSP to You - Our staff is available for training or information sessions for colleges, departments, and classes. Let us know when you're meeting and we can offer presentations of varying lengths on a variety of topics.
- External Training Opportunities - ORSP staff notifies faculty of outside training opportunities such as workshops and other helpful tutorials on a variety of grant-related topics. Past events include the Grants Resource Center External Funding Conference in Washington, D.C. and the National Science Foundation Regional Grants Conference in Austin, Texas. Visit our blog or sign up for our weekly e-mail to stay informed.
- Pre-award & Post-award Assistance - From assisting with proposal and budget development to managing your award, ORSP is here to help you every step of the way. We provide assistance with managing subawards, personnel, and reporting, and can help you navigate the myriad internal and external processes that affect your project.
- Internal Funding - ORSP offers three internal funding programs to support and encourage research, scholarship, and creative activities at the university: Faculty Research Grants (FRG), Minigrants (MG), and the Research Development Program (RDP).