Welcome to ORSP
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is to support and promote the research, scholarly, and creative activities of the Stephen F. Austin State University community while encouraging compliance and scholarly integrity.
ORSP provides pre-award and limited, non-financial post-award services related to externally funded grants and contracts, and manages internal research funding programs in support of the SFA mission statement.
Pivot Search Tool Learn how Pivot can help you find funding and collaborators for your research and sponsored projects.
CITI Training Research ethics training for SFA faculty, staff and students.
ScholarWorks A Library repository for research and scholarly output.
ORSP Blog for upcoming grant proposals, internal funding opportunities and more!
- Common Rule Updates - Key changes that will take effect 1/19/18 include:
- New requirements for information that must be given to prospective research subjects as part of the informed consent process.
- New exempt categories based on risk profiles.
- New requirement for a single IRB approval for multi-site research projects.
- Removes requirement for continued review of ongoing research projects in certain instances.
- Allows broad consent as an optional alternative in certain situations.
For more information, visit The Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects.
Prevent grant fraud, waste, and abuse